As part of its policy to strengthen links between fundamental research, clinical research and research into public health, Inserm offers interface contracts to hospital doctors, pharmacists or odontologists, so they can devote their efforts to research in Inserm structures.
The duration of the contracts offered by Inserm is:
- 3 years part-time for university hospital practitioners (PHU) and contractual hospital practitioners (PHC)
- 3 to 5 years part-time for hospital practitioners (PH), university professors - hospital practitioners (PU-PH), associate professors - hospital practitioners (MCU-PH).
Inserm will give the hospital partner a financial contribution to compensate for the time the contract holder devotes to research activities.
Who can apply?
Applicants must be from public health service hospital facility with a teaching and research mission, University Hospital Centers (CHU) or Regional French Comprehensive Cancer Centers (CRLC).
Agreement must be obtained from the Director of the hospital facility and the Director of the Inserm unit.
Applicants are not eligible to apply if they have already received an interface contract.
How are applicants selected?
Applicants are selected based on the following criteria:
- the applicant's curriculum, research and publications
- the scientific project proposed by the applicant
- relevance of the host laboratory project to Inserm's missions
An Ad Hoc Committee made up of university hospital representatives and researchers draws up a shortlist of applicants who will then be interviewed.